8/15/11

The Start Of My Cosmetology Classes! @_@



Hello to all my readers! Thanks for following and reading! I sincerely appreciate each and every one of you!

In one of my previous posts I stated that I am starting cosmetology soon and I just did today!

In the past I tried to search on the web for information and the process of getting a cosmetology degree in Kansas. I heard that getting a cosmetology degree in kansas is the hardest since you can't buy hours. I didn't find anything so I just decided that I will blog info about my experience.

The fees are awfully heavy for this class so make sure you have enough funds or ways of paying before enrolling in this course!

I think I will start by ranting a little or a lot.

After attending this class for the first time I just felt very exhausted.

Here's how the day kind of went out.

The class starts at 8 a.m. sharp after everyone clocks in on time.

We then talked about rules for the rest of the class period for approximately 7.5 hours.

Lunch starts at 12 and you need to clock in at or before 12:30 p.m.

Everyone clocked out at 4 p.m. sharp.

So it was basically sitting on my butt for the whole day.

Rules

There are approximately 1500 hours needed in order to finish cosmetology and receive a certificate according to kansas law.

You need at least 350 hours of class time to learn the basics before you can start on customers.

If you are even on minute late you have to clock out and immediately leave school.

There are a total of 4 cosmetology class sections

Cos I
Cos II
Cos III
Cos IV

You may miss no more than 25 hours per cosmetology class section. Any more than you have to pay for all the class costs for the cosmetology kit and the class fees before leaving cosmetology. You may enroll again next starting season (august of next year) and start all over again until you reach where you left off. You have to once again pay for class fees and a new cosmetology kit if needed. The kits generally cost $1400 and only contains hair and nail products. For makeup you have to buy them yourself since I did not see any in the kit. The nail stuff come from OPI and the hair stuff come from Pivot Point.

You have to bring money to pay for your apprentice license on the first day since it is required so that you can start studying and practicing.

Once finished you have to take a written and practical(hands on) test. Practical is in Kansas and written in any facility that provides it of your choice.

CLASSROOM:

Must be in uniform at all times. White shirt with sleeve and black pants (no jeans) and black smock. T_T

Oh the life of a cosmetologist >_<.




That's about it if I remember anymore than I will post it!

I was late by a minute back to class since the lunch is only 30 minutes and driving back and forth took up all my time.

Tomorrow we will be opening the kits with all the supplies to practice. We cannot take the kits home unfortunately. I know that this is a lot of work and long hours but it's going to be worth it! Let's work and fight together! ^_^

That's it for now! Thanks for reading! If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Waterfairy99 @ gmail dot com

I will try my best to answer it for you!




^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment